Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Running away

I'm not like you
No two peas in a pod
The cloth I'm cut from
Ain't all dusty and old
I'm not afraid to let myself go
To put it all out there
To give myself over
To lay myself bare
You've been running your whole life
To get to nowhere
You've been ruining your whole life
Just to be in control
I gave you my soul
I let you inside
Where it's cold
And you stayed a while
It's a place you've never let yourself go
The price of admission is too high
So you keep on running
To get nowhere
Keep on running
To keep control
Your freedom is gone
Your leash is so short
But that's a deal you'll make
Just to hold all the cards
And keep a picket fence
Around your yard
But you've given up on happiness
Thrown away your love
So you can keep on running
Toward nothing
You keep on running
Away from yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment