Friday, September 16, 2011

ghosts

Alone with my thoughts
Is a mighty lonely place
Just me and my ghosts
Tryin to find some time to waste
Checking in with all
The friends who've passed
Hope they're in a better place
God but we had a blast
It's a wonder I'm alive at all
Amazing I can walk
Let alone stand so tall
That lonely junkie tortured soul
Without the talent to back it up
Can only get you so far in life
Til you realize it's time to put up or shut up
Let go of the ghosts
There's only so much of me to go around
But everyone wants their piece
It tears my brain apart
Fragmented to say the least
It's gonna take some pretty strong glue
To keep it all together
Just gonna fall apart again
In stormy weather
Got to let go of the ghosts

2 comments:

  1. Someone should put these to music. Or pull together as a book. I know a publisher. From don buchwald and asst. They r highly respected and well known. If this is something any of the Carr's would be interested in please feel free to contact me.
    Liz Chapman friend to gregg
    Tidbitlizbit@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am Gregs wife Amy. I have all Gregs writing here with us. How did you know Greg?

    ReplyDelete